Thursday 5 March 2015

'Journal Writing Experience'

So I started my journal writing for the course a couple of days ago, however nothing that exciting has happened. It is just full of my own thoughts regarding my own self belief or rather lack of it with relation to my own abilties to do the set tasks of the course well. Being a performer we are not usually required to use our grey matter in such a way so for a lot of us I guess it has been a long time since we had to employ that skill set. So it is time to locate that box of skills that are hidden somewhere deep in our brain, dust it off and oil it up because it presenting itself as a little rusty. Come on brain, engage.

Keeping a journal is not a new concept for me, I have done it for quite a few years now. I adopted this method of recording events, thoughts and feelings because I have been very lucky to travel a lot of the world with my dancing career and I didn't want to forget any aspects of my experiences. Memories usually fade with time and although you remember key facts, the small details tend to get lost in the depths of the mind and I think it is a shame to lose the details. Keeping a journal preserves those memories in black and white for you to call upon when ever you wish. I actually pulled out my journal from last year this morning and read what I was up to this very day in 2014. It made me smille and recalled some memories that were definitely on their way to being completely lost from my mind. It wasn't a particulrly productive day judging by what I have recoreded but it clearly states what I did, who I was with, thoughts and feelings, all in all the  5th March 2014 was a good relaxing day.

Like I stated earlier, I started my journal for the course a few days ago but my days have been pretty boring. well, I should re write that, my days haven't been boring for me because I have been focussing on the course, doing lots of reading and following other peoples blogs but to read on paper.... I got up had breakfast, read, had lunch, read, made tea, read, watched telly then went to bed. that is pretty boring for the likes of you to read about. So, I am not sure if I am allowed to do this but I am going to reflect on a day from last year's journal (I was on a world cruise, so it makes for a much more exciting read). Follow my link to read.


I also came up with a graph to reflect my level of happiness from 1-10 during the day. Follow the link below.


I think I have incorperated most things I was supposed to. So this is my version af task 2.b, if I have missed anything or misinterpreted anything please let me know your thoughts. All suggestions are welcomed. Thank you for reading, I know it was a bit of a slog. x.

Ps. I have added some pictures from this day at the elephant orphanage to my flicker account, have a look if you like. The link is below.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Daniella,

    I really enjoyed reading this post of your blog.

    It's interesting how you found your daily events 'boring'. I was reading Bould (2001) and he discusses the issues surrounding the idea of what is considered 'important' and how this is greatly effected by our experiences. I feel this relates to your post because it sounds like you have had a very busy and colourful professional career, so some points in your work may not be a busy as others. However, he states that it is the journal's writer who can only disregard something as unimportant.

    Have you read Bould (2001) as part of Read 2 yet? What were your thoughts on this? I have discussed some of the issues he raises in my blog.

    Best Wishes,

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,

    Thank you for your comment it is really appreciated. I am pleased you enjoyed reading my blog.
    Yes I read about Boud and his ideas and I found them really interesting. With regards to my 'boring' day, I personally didn't find it boring because I did lots of reading and studying which was very interesting I was just thinking more from somebody else's perspective and it could potentially be a bit of a drab read. So just for the purpose of that specific task and knowing I was going to make it public, I just wanted my writing to be a little more exciting with the hope that more people may read it and stick with it until the end hence why I picked a more eventful day. On my boring day I was actually really productive however I just spent all day in my room on the computer, so yes I agree my events on that day were very important to what I am doing in my life right now, I think I just wanted something to interest others.
    I hope your blog is going well and your studies. I am looking forward to reading some of your blogs too. Once again, thank you very much for your comment.

    Danni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danni,

    It will be good to continue to share ideas throughout this process because it seems we are all finding this quite a challenging task! I will continue to read your blog and inform you of anything that I discovers that helps me in this process.

    Thanks again,

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete