Tuesday 3 March 2015

1st Skype session with Adesola.

This morning I had a great Skype session with Adesola and a few other lovely Bappers. We all picked a different topic to talk about and by the end my head was buzzing with ideas, it was extremely thought provoking I don't even know where to start. I want to talk about everything, don't worry, I won't! Ha ha. 

So I am going to start by showing you a spider diagram that I did during the session. It has some of the ideas that were mentioned and some of my thoughts.





As you can see we spoke about a lot of things. I am going to focus on the topic which I put to the group. I touched on it briefly in my last blog. "how should I play it with my blog? Light hearted and personal? Or professional and academic?" The answer is it is down to you. We came to the conclusion that 'professional and academic' can some times be a little heavy to digest. Obviously there are times when you are required to write in that way like in an essay for example, but for a blog it is down to you and your own interpretation. 
We also discussed that the blog isn't just for the tasks that we are set, but we can blog about our own experiences day to day and this could help us later on as we progress further into the course. So just blog blog blog, blog about anything ( within reason ;) ). Maybe don't blog about taking the bin out, well unless you danced whilst you did it obviously, ha. 
Oh, and also don't forget to comment! I received my 1st comment today and it really did make my day, it was really reassuring. Thank you Katrina.
Before I draw this blog to an end there was one last point that was brought up and I would like to talk about...........'blog length'. Bigger isn't always better! A shorter blog can often get more comments because a longer blog can sometimes lose your reader half way through! I understand sometimes they have to be long to get all that information in but I guess sometimes things can be said in fewer and maybe even simpler words. This is maybe something I need to work on because I can be a waffler at times.
So the conclusion that we came to in our session is that it is ok to be yourself and light hearted in your blog if you wish, it's yours! Any advice you could send my way about my blogging style will still greatly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Danni x



No comments:

Post a Comment