Thursday 26 November 2015

the more choice you have, the less satisfied you are with your choice

So recently I was in New York City and me an my husband and went to see the ' BodyWorlds Pulse' Exhibition by  Gunther Von Hagens. Let me just tell you, it was soooo interesting although I wouldn't recommend it if you are squeamish. There was one particular concept that really really stood out to me and it was an experiment they did. They gave one group of people 1 chocolate (so no choice), they gave the 2nd about 10 chocolates to choose from and the third maybe 25,I can't remember exact statistics. Anyway the results showed that the 2nd group were ther ones who felt the most satisfaction with their choice. So the conclusion was, "the more choice you have, the less satisfied you are with your choice". I think this is so true. These days we are spoilt for choice within most aspects of life so it tends to make our final decsion less satisfying because we alway worry if we have not made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment