Sunday 8 November 2015

1st interview

So I did my first interview tonight, I think there is a lot of improvement on my behalf with regards to questions asked in order to extract the information I need. I also need to be careful not to lead the answer at times. I really enjoyed interviewing Liz De Groote and it was good to see that she has has a positive transition experience. I know I have only done one interview but with the research I have done it does seem to me that those who want to teach do have a more positive experience as apposed to those who don't want to teach because teaching seems to be the most natural progression. Anyway here is the interview I recorded with the StoryCorps App, click here to listen.


https://storycorps.me/interviews/liz-de-groote/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dani

    I haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet but I was thinking about what you say about people maybe finding it hard to make a change if they don't want to teach. Have you found anyone yet who has made a completely different change from performing? (not teaching) If so did they have a positive or negative experience?

    I have a friend who has recently made the choice to change completely. They are now back at University studying nutrition among other things. If you like I could ask her if she would be interested to talk to you about the reasons why she went that way and whether she felt like she had enough support?

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Lisa, yeah I have a few friends who have done something completely different, one is an occupational therapist, physio air hostess, Fitness instructor and a few more it seems to me that the people who do change their career completely do have a more negative experience because they go through the turmoil of is this the right path, is this what I really want. I think because you just have to be sure if you are going to re train as it does cost a lot of money so people can't afford to make the mistake. You just need to be sure that you are sure lol and I think that's where the problem lies when all you have known is dancing. It would be good to hear what your friends experience was like though. Thank you for your comment Lisa, hope you are ok xxx

    ReplyDelete