Wednesday 18 November 2015

From Burgers to Broadway

Well hello there guys. 

So I have just returned from New York City and what a fabulous time I had, I went to see the amazing Rockettes and wow not a foot out of place, they were perfection. I went to see Phantom for the 1st time ever and when that famous music resinates through the theatre it turns you cold with all the hairs standing up on the back of your neck, amazing. 

Another very interesting place I visited was 'Ellen's stardust diner' on Broadway. It is one of the coolest places I have ever visited. The waiters and waitress' have to audition to get a job there, they perform and sing to you whilst you are dining, sounds a little tacky but it is great. The talent in that diner is amazing. The moto for the diner is "from burgers to Broadway" and many of Ellen's staff have made it, there are headshots all over of young hopefuls who have cracked the dream.
 The staff come around with a bucket called "the singers scholarship fund" in which diners can put a few dollars and that goes to the staff with the idea that they use the money for dance classes or singing lessons or anything to help them on their way to the Broadway dream. The host for the evening gave a little talk about the stardust background and mentioned how important it is to be a 'triple threat'. I couldn't agree more in this day and age, I don't think it pays to be a master of one anymore (unless you are a ballet bod of course). You have to be good at everything these days and so our industry which has always been hard to succeed in just keeps getting harder. 

So if you ever go to New York City you must visit 'Stardust'. It is an amazing place packed with talent. So "from burgers to Broadway" and let's hope it doesn't end "from Broadway to burgers". Good luck to all Ellen's staff at stardust, go and get your dream. 


I have copied a link below to a video I took in the diner and it just shows the atmosphere and how great it is. 


Also please join my Facebook group SIG.

Thank you
Danni
#ellensstardustdiner #stardust #triplethreat #broadway #talent

Ps I'm not sure  getting this hashtag thing, but I'm trying. 😕.


No comments:

Post a Comment