Thursday 26 November 2015

A change of professional mentor. Welcome Miss Wainwright

So back in task 4:C I identified my professional mentor which was one of my ex company managers. However due to life, her circumstances have changed and she is extremely busy with her own business so won't be able to offer me as much time as she would like. We both came to the agreement that it would be better to identify another associate. I would have loved to carry on with her as my professional mentor but I don't think it is fair of me to put her under more stress than she already has. 
I have identified my new professional mentor who has been right under my nose the whole time. Rebecca Wainwright is a teacher as well as a good friend. Rebecca has suppoerted me from the beginning of this course. I have had so many discussions with her on different matters and she helps me to broaden my thinking and see things from another angle. I have recently been discussing ethics with her and being a secondary school teacher she is well up on this so really helped me to understand. She has worked in various countries around the world the last one being Chicago. She was there for 2 years teaching in a private school. I think Rebecca Wainwright is the perfect mentor because without realising it she has been mentoring me all this time anyway. Being a teacher and having the life experience, she possesses invaluble knowledge which she can filtrate down to me inorder for me to do the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment