Wednesday 18 May 2016

My Artefact



Through the findings of my inquiry ‘How do freelance dancers achieve a positive career transition and career development?’ It was identified that pre-planning is one of the main factors when trying to attain a positive career transition, however many dancers do not to do this. It seems they deliberately choose not to think about until it is too late. Once the transition is upon dancers it has the potential to take a very negative route with some dancers suffering depression. Pre-planning can help prevent this downward spiral and I want to help prevent dancers finding theirselves in that position. Hence why I have made a short interactive video meant for dance students who are about to begin their career in dance. A task sheet is to be downloaded before so they can take part and complete the tasks throughout the video. I have made sure that the video is light and fun to watch even though transition can be dark as I do not want to dampen students spirits when they are just about to embark on probably the most exciting journey of their life. My aim is to ‘plant the seed’ and hopefully they will take it onboard to not only create their own pre-plan but start to put it into action.


Please follow this link to print the task sheet before watching the video-





1 comment: